Scott & Leon - Back In The Spotlight
00s Garage Legends "Scott & Leon" are back with a series of new material fresh for 2021.
Featuring old skool beats and melodies infused with vocals from a string of fresh vocalists, the tracks are uplifting and bouncy - perfect for post-lockdown dancefloors.
Listen out for newly produced "If You Were Here Tonight" along with "Waves" - a cover of the Mr Probz hit of the same name, both playing daily on Frisk!
Who Are Scott & Leon?
Scott and Leon met in Bobby’s Nightclub in Tenerife in 1990 where they were both DJ’s.
Scott Anderson was the promotional manager and head DJ; Leon Cormack was a young 20 year old looking for his break.
Scott recognised the young DJ's talent and immediately gave him a residency at the club. The pair quickly became great friends and teamed up to start to produce club music.
In 2000, Scott & Leon brought their first single to the UK Garage community and before long "You Used to Hold Me" was a Top 20 hit, peaking at Number 19 on the UK Single Charts and the single went on to become one of the UK Garage scene’s biggest anthems.
In 2001 Scott & Leon released “Shine On” which reached Number 34 in the UK Charts; then in 2003 they also had a hit as Deep Cover with Sounds of Eden (Every Time I See the Girl) which charted at Number 47 in the UK single charts.
All 3 singles were hits worldwide and had their own music videos, seeing Scott and Leon playing Ibiza, Miami, Tenerife and many of the summer holiday hot spots.
In 2000 Scott was heavily featured in Sky One’s documentary Tenerife Uncovered, a tale of club life in Tenerife and was aired all over the world.
Scott also won the best club DJ in Tenerife 3 consecutive years running. Leon was not new to fame as in the early ’90s he had worldwide hits with his brother Aaron in their band Brother 2 Brother. Today Scott and Leon are still great friends and in-demand DJ’s, producers and re-mixers put out fresh new music every six weeks on all major streaming platforms.
What is Frisk Radio?
Frisk Radio is a fresh new station for the North East playing the biggest Dance and R&B Fresh Cuts and Flashbacks.
Listen to us on DAB across Newcastle, Gateshead & Tyneside, or anywhere in the world with the Frisk Radio App!
More News from Frisk Radio
You may also be interested in:
- Governors Express Support for Ambulance Service Leadership Despite Calls for Public Inquiry
- Stuart Pearce's Optimism Ahead of Newcastle United's Match Against Manchester United
- Netflix Unveils Plan to Combat Password and Account Sharing - Millions Impacted
- Charlotte Crosby Shares Story of Meeting Boyfriend Jake Ankers on BBC Three Show
- Newcastle Councillors Deny Themselves 5% Salary Increase Amid Thousands Striking for Higher Wages
- Greggs Brings Back Popular Pasty - But Only for a Limited Time
- REVIEWED: Beauty & The Beast at the Tyne Theatre & Opera House
- WATCH: Schak - Moving' All Around (Jumpin') Official Video
- Firefighters Extinguish Blaze at Heaton Fish and Chip Restaurant
- Body of Woman Discovered in Sunderland's River Wear: A Tragedy
- Plans Unveiled for Expansion of Student Accommodation at St James' Park
- Train strikes at Newcastle's Central Station as workers fight to prevent 'faceless railway'
- Frisk Radio Celebrates First Year of Broadcasting
- Schak Scores #1 in the North East