Firefighters Extinguish Blaze at Heaton Fish and Chip Restaurant
On New Year's Eve, emergency crews responded to a report of a fire at Gills fish and chip shop on Chillingham Road in Heaton, Newcastle.
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service dispatched three fire engines and a duty officer to the scene. Northumbria Police also attended to help with traffic management in the area.
Thankfully, no one was injured in the blaze. The fire was extinguished by 17.45pm.
A spokesperson for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service said: “We dealt with the fire alongside police. Our crews left the scene at 17.45pm.”
What is Frisk Radio?
Frisk Radio is a fresh new station for the North East playing the biggest Dance and R&B Fresh Cuts and Flashbacks.
Listen to us on DAB across Newcastle, Gateshead & Tyneside, or anywhere in the world with the Frisk Radio App!
More News from Frisk Radio
You may also be interested in:
- Governors Express Support for Ambulance Service Leadership Despite Calls for Public Inquiry
- Stuart Pearce's Optimism Ahead of Newcastle United's Match Against Manchester United
- Netflix Unveils Plan to Combat Password and Account Sharing - Millions Impacted
- Charlotte Crosby Shares Story of Meeting Boyfriend Jake Ankers on BBC Three Show
- Newcastle Councillors Deny Themselves 5% Salary Increase Amid Thousands Striking for Higher Wages
- Greggs Brings Back Popular Pasty - But Only for a Limited Time
- REVIEWED: Beauty & The Beast at the Tyne Theatre & Opera House
- WATCH: Schak - Moving' All Around (Jumpin') Official Video
- Firefighters Extinguish Blaze at Heaton Fish and Chip Restaurant
- Body of Woman Discovered in Sunderland's River Wear: A Tragedy
- Plans Unveiled for Expansion of Student Accommodation at St James' Park
- Train strikes at Newcastle's Central Station as workers fight to prevent 'faceless railway'
- Frisk Radio Celebrates First Year of Broadcasting
- Schak Scores #1 in the North East